Managing the Transition from Acute Care
Working together with our local acute care hospitals, San Luis Transitional Care is committed to providing a synthesis of best practices in stroke care across the continuum of care spectrum. Our team of experienced physicians, nurses and therapists collaborate to help our patients overcome new challenges, relearn lost skills and regain motor controls. Throughout stroke rehab, we strive to instill in our patients a positive, goal-oriented attitude.
San Luis Transitional Care’s Stroke Rehab Program Can Help You:
- Do as well as you can and be as independent as possible.
- Learn to live with the changes to your brain and body caused by the stroke.
- Adjust to living within your home, family, and community.
A Plan for Success: Our Objectives, Your Goals:
- Interdisciplinary team report with specific programs established
- Complete picture of the client and family / caregiver and family support available
- Functional status of the stroke survivor
- Reinforce therapy at the bedside with help of C.N.A.: C.N.A. collaborates with therapists to ensure gains reached in therapy are utilized in daily care routine to maximize recovery
- Nursing Collaboration with OT, PT, and Nutritionist to manage risk factors
- Promoting Early Remobilization
- Promoting Safe Swallowing and Feeding
- Implement feeding strategies and diet modifications as recommended to reduce risk of aspiration
- Reinforce diet education with family
- Ongoing assessment
- Secondary Prevention: Providing education regarding ongoing support at discharge